Develop confidence and resilience skills in relation to immediate next steps (GCSEs) (KS3); Develop confidence and resilience skills in relation to exams and the transition to sixth form or college (KS4); Practice confidence and resilience skills through the university application process (KS5).
Ensure young people are ready to make a successful transition to higher education.
Key Stage 3
Key Stage 3
The inspiration programme offers a 4 day programme that covers; confidence, motivation, team building, a challenge that brings all together what has been learnt and a celebration event where families are invited to attend. All days will be fun and engaging and will not only aim to raise the aspirations of your learners, but also their overall confidence and resilience.
- Raise the confidence of the learners, to support them in their decision making and reaching their goals
- Develop strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Practice communication, teamwork and leadership skills for use when choosing their next steps
Key Stage 4
Mentoring through local football clubs
Port Vale F.C Foundation Trust and Burton Albion F.C Community Trust have joined forces to develop an exciting new 12- 15 week mentoring programme in the Burton and Stoke areas. The programme will work with small groups of students (max. 12) and will deliver a mixture of group work, 1 to 1 mentoring, and campus visits.
- Inspire unmotivated students to aim higher and reach their goals
- Increase self-confidence and self-awareness
- Talent identification (academic and/or sporting promise)
What other schools have said
Higher Horizons has played a significant role in raising aspirations for our students. For the first time this year our students have joined universities that are much further afield.Ahsan Ashraf, Progress & Achievement Coordinator, Paulet School, Burton