We help learners make informed choices about their future. Our sessions help learners understand the benefits of further and higher education.
We challenge common misconceptions. We make sure every learner has the information to make an informed choice about their future.
1. Increased knowledge of post-16 options including academic, vocational and technical routes through FE
2. Increased knowledge of post-18 options including academic, vocational and technical routes through HE
3. Reduce common misconceptions about higher education including student finance
4. Increased knowledge of graduate outcomes and the value of higher education
These activities are usually delivered in a classroom. Example sessions include Information, advice and guidance workshops about:
1. Academic and vocational/technical routes
2. Post-16 Choices (A Levels, T Levels, BTECs, Apprenticeships)
3. Higher and Degree level Apprenticeships
4. University Applications and choices
5. Student Finance
6. Employability skills such as interview skills and CV writing
Gatsby Benchmarks: 4
“Brilliant delivery! Higher Horizons have really friendly staff delivering engaging activities.”
Music Teacher, Moorside High